Umpiring Dos & Don'ts
Here is a list of five things you should do....and five things that you should never do, as an umpire.
- Wear clean and proper kit.
- Introduce yourself to your umpiring colleague.
- Introduce yourself to the captains/managers.
- Check pitch is fit to play.
- Be alert and relaxed.
- Don't be late.
- Don't touch the players.
- Don't use foul or bad language - no matter what the provocation.
- Don't be a ballboy/ballgirl.
- Don't wear sunglasses.
...but most of all, do enjoy the game